[Po4a-devel] build methods

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Sun Nov 8 18:52:17 UTC 2009

Hello,

For releases, I'm usually first doing an upstream release (make dist), and
then I copy the debian directory (minus some files).

I'm attaching the Makefile provided by the previous maintainer, which
worked up to now.

I would be open to move po4a to something more modern (another VCS
included).
(Note that the *-buildpackage may not be sufficient since I need to be
able to make upstream releases.)

With the attached Makefile, I'm using the following layout:

pkg/
    orig/po4a/
              Makefile (the attached Makefile)
              po4a-cvs/ (a checkout of the po4a repository)

for a releases:
1) I'm updating po4a-cvs/
2) I'm copying orig/ to build/
3) I'm running make from build/po4a/
4) This creates all the files in build/po4a/

Best Regards,
--
Nekral