[Po4a-devel] Current CVS fails in a chroot

Neil Williams codehelp at debian.org
Tue Nov 10 23:18:58 UTC 2009

The latest t/20-sgml.t tests (and a few others) fail if po4a itself is
not installed. (PERLLIB=lib needed?)

It looks like docbook is essential to running make dist too. Is there a
definitive list of packages needed to build from CVS? (Should have that
in ./README.cvs or similar.)

I'm missing at least one package on this laptop because po4a CVS
doesn't build even outside the chroot.

A version of 0.36.6 does build:

$ head changelog
2009-11-07  Omar Campagne  <ocampagne at gmail.com>

	* po/pod/es.po: Updated to 1248t.

After installing po4a and docbook inside the chroot, 'make dist' fails
with a latex test - not sure which of the dozens of latex packages
would be needed. I've got texlive-latex-base.

With texlive-latex-base, current Debian source for 0.36.6 builds the
tarball OK but CVS is still broken.

t/22-html.t ........... Unknown format type: html.

What packages do I need to be able to run 'make dist' (and also the
full 'make check') inside a clean chroot?

There's obviously something missing between this laptop and my main
machine - I just can't work out what.

--

Neil Williams