[Po4a-devel] Error on 0.37 translated manpages

Omar Campagne ocampagne at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 00:31:25 UTC 2009

Hello everybody:

0.37 just hit the repos, so I downloaded it, and I've encountered some
issus in the manpages :(

[1]
My system is en_US, so I use "LANG man". Upon viewing the manpages with
man, they look as if nroff markers (i.e. its weird accents) appear
untransformed.
Maybe it's just me, but it also happens if I do

nroff -man file

on the cvs source generated manpages.

[2]
Another issue is that "LANG es_ES.utf8 man po4a-build" still reveals the
original manpage. nroff -man on the translated/built po4a-build.1 file
shows contents in English.

[3]
One last thing is that, since manpages "changed" section (3pm -> 3), you
may still get both versions unless you trigger "#mandb" after
installation.

Anyway, the trigger man-db in aptitude install process doesn't clean,
but add manpages in my system.

Since 3pm are now "outdated", to which manpage does the
system default if users don't trigger mandb? This issue might be just
me, *seriously*, my Debian sometimes doesn't "refresh" random stuff.

I realized last thing with "man -k".

Sorry if I brought you down guys :-) I'll try to use more the BTS in the
future for these kind of issues. Just thought this might involve a
trivial change in a script or conf file (I'm clueless with build
scripts) and this way is faster.

Anyway, no big deal for the user, just a temporary inconvenience :)

Best regards, Omar
--

"Why stop now just when I'm hating it?" -- Marvin The Paranoid Android