[Po4a-devel] Polish man pages broken again in po4a 0.37

Neil Williams codehelp at debian.org
Sun Nov 22 18:23:05 UTC 2009

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 17:43:25 +0100
Robert Luberda <robert at debian.org> wrote:

> The Polish man pages generated from POD are unreadable, e.g. (from
> Locale::PO4A::Man(3)

Why is the utf-8 switch optional in your patch? Is there a problem with
using UTF-8 by default for all builds? If there is, then relying on a
mystery directory containing _build isn't going to be a usable solution.

I can make it a configuration setting in the po4a-build.conf file - the
question is which way should it default? UTF-8 on or off?

>, please also note its strange header, but this
> is another problem):
>
> _build::pod::3::pUseriC_build::pod::3::pl::lib::Locale::Po4a::Man(3)

That's something else to fix in po4a - it doesn't go wrong with the
untranslated manpage.

Possibly a bug in pod2man, when generating the .IX and .TH ?

.IX Title "Locale::Po4a::BibTeX 3"
.TH Locale::Po4a::BibTeX 3 "2009-11-22" "perl v5.10.1" "User
Contributed Perl Documentation"

Looks like the appearance of 'pl' in the middle, breaks some reg exp
that pod2man uses to build the .IX.

--

Neil Williams