[Po4a-devel] RFC: Migrating away from CVS

Denis Barbier bouzim at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 23:14:19 UTC 2010

 On 2010/8/15 Denis Barbier wrote:
[...]
> I created an experimental SVN dumpfile:
>  http://po4a.alioth.debian.org/svnrepo-20100815.dump.bz2
>
> Layout is:
>  trunk/
>    po4a sources, equivalent of CVS HEAD, without web pages
>  tags/
>    corresponding to CVS tags, which have been rewritten as 0.36, 0.36.1, etc
>  branches/
>    only contain 0.19.x branch
>  web/
>    web pages
>
> Please test and do not hesitate to give comments.

Executive summary:
  * We are currently migrating from CVS to SVN.  Until further notice,
commit to CVS as usual.

Long story:
I received no feedback for the moment, so I assume that there is no
problem.  I just changed po4a's SCM on Alioth in order to create an
SVN repository, and am currently importing all CVS history (will be
finished in few minutes/hours).  Do not commit yet into SVN, your
commits will get lost!

When it is considered as ready (tomorrow or on Wednesday), I will
disable CVS write access, redo the conversion (I want to make another
CVS commit to fix VCS fields in debian/control so that CVS users have
a clue about this migration) and regenerate SVN repository.
Please tell me if you find any problem with this SVN repository:
  svn://svn.debian.org/svn/po4a/trunk
Thanks for your help.

Denis