[Po4a-devel] po4a does not find pot-files

D. Barbier bouzim at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 17:39:01 UTC 2012

On 2012/11/19 Felix Dietze wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a problem with the usage of po4a.
>
> Setup:
> My master-document "iuf-rulebook.tex" is in the folder "src".
> I already generated a template "iuf-rulebook.pot" in "po".
> Translated po-files should go into the po-folder, while translated tex-files
> should be generated in the the folder "translated".
>

> $ ls
> Makefile  out  po  po4a.cfg  README.md  src  translated
> $ ls src
> 1_general_rules_and_definitions  1_general_rules_and_definitions.tex
> iuf-rulebook.tex
> $ ls po
> iuf-rulebook.pot
> $ ls translated
>
> $ cat po4a.cfg
> [po_directory] po/
> [type: latex] src/iuf-rulebook.tex $lang:translated/iuf-rulebook-$lang.tex
> opt:"-k 0"
>
> $ TEXINPUTS=src: po4a po4a.cfg
> po4a.cfg:1: no pot-files found in po/
>
> po4a Version 0.40.2
>
> 1. When I run po4a, it tells me, that there are no pot-files in the
> po-directory. What am I doing wrong here?
>
> 2. Can po4a also generate the pot-files, or do I have to do this exclusively
> with po4a-gettextize?

Hello,

AFAICT the error message is not exactly the one you give above, it is:
   po4a.cfg:1: no PO files found in po/

This is only a warning, it does not prevent processing.  But I agree
that this is annoying, and it has already been fixed (in 0.41 or 0.42,
I do not remember exactly).
If your POT file is not rebuilt, this is surely because it is newer
that your POT file, so
  touch src/iuf-rulebook.tex
should do the trick.

Denis