[Po4a-devel] leveloffset attribute in asciidoc

D. Barbier bouzim at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 13:12:10 UTC 2012

On 2012/10/2 Anders Nawroth wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The leveloffset attribute:
>
> #. type: Attribute :leveloffset:
> #: target/original/src/introduction/index.asciidoc:20
> #: target/original/src/introduction/index.asciidoc:24
> #, no-wrap
> msgid "2"
> msgstr "2"
>
> I think this attribute is a quite clear case of untranslatable string.
>
> The only way this would make any sense would to be to
> translate the individual occurrences of the leveloffset attribute.
> But even that seems unlikely to be useful ...
>
> And translating all instances with value "2" to some other value makes
> no sense to me whatsoever.
>
> See: http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/userguide.html#X90
>
> WDYT?

Agreed.
But this willl be solved by allowing customization of translatable
attributes and styles.  This requires some code changes, but also
adding extra documentation for this feature.
I would like to make a new po4a release very soon, and thus do not
want to introduce a bunch of new strings now.  So my plan is to
implement everything than does not need any documentation, and after
that implement Automatic comments are already on my TODO list (and
partially implemented, but not committed yet), do you have any other
suggestion?

Denis