[Po4a-devel] New --porefs option, call to translations coming soon, po4a-buid retired

D. Barbier bouzim at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 23:58:51 UTC 2012

Hello,

In a project I am translating into French, I recently discovered that
developers use
  po4a-gettextize -o porefs=none ...
to generate PO files without line numbers in references.  The
advantage is that POT file is not modified when line numbers change.
Of course, the drawback is that we are losing some information.  For
instance, po4aman-display-po could not work on such PO files (and I
really like this tool).

The -o flag above means that porefs is an option of the
Locale::Po4a::Po module. In the last days, I made some commits to also
add a --porefs option to po4a, so that this option is available when
using po4a with a configuration file (instead of calling
po4a-gettextize, po4a-updatepo and po4a-translate).
It works great, I also just added another option --porefs=counter to
not break po4aman-display-po ;)

I will soon update PO files so that you can translate documentation
about these new options.  But I want to build PO files with
--porefs=counter.  The problem is that I do not know how to do that
with the current build system.  So unless someone explains how to do
that with po4a-build, I will very soon revert our build system to
using plain configuration files.

Denis