[Po4a-devel] parsing asciidoc styles

D. Barbier bouzim at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 05:11:44 UTC 2012

On 2012/9/27 Anders Nawroth wrote:
[...]
>> I still do not fully understand Asciidoc syntax, but I guess that we
>> need to allow customization as is done in other po4a modules (for
>> instance LaTeX or Xml).
>
> The question for me is how this holds up for really long lines?
> If such lines get wrapped into multiple lines in the generated translation,
> it's not AsciiDoc any more.

Ah yes, I skipped that part of your question.
This is doable, see for instance Locale::Po4a::Xml documentation:

  translated
    Space-separated list of tags you want to translate.

    The tags must be in the form <aaa>, but you can join some
    when it's into another tag (<bbb>).

    You can also specify some tag options by putting some
    characters in front of the tag hierarchy. For example,
    you can put 'w' (wrap) or 'W' (don't wrap) to override the
    default behavior specified by the global "wrap" option.

    Example: W<chapter><title>

The main issue is to define a syntax which will be intuitive for Asciidoc users.

Denis