[Po4a-devel] Handling of description environment in LaTeX files by po4a-gettextize

Carsten Gerlach daswaldhorn at gmx.de
Sat Apr 13 12:22:16 UTC 2013

Hello,

I have again a issue with the usage of po4a-gettextize. Following
example document shows the issue.

==minimal.tex==================
\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
  \begin{description}
    \item [item one] description one
    \item [item two] description two
    \item [item three] description three
  \end{description}
\end{document}
===============================

If I do now

$ po4a-gettextize -f latex -m minimal.tex

I get the following result:

==minimal.pot==================
#. type: item[#1]
#: minimal.tex:8
msgid "item one"
msgstr ""

#. type: description
#: minimal.tex:8
msgid "description one"
msgstr ""

#. type: description
#: minimal.tex:8
msgid "[item two] description two"
msgstr ""

#. type: description
#: minimal.tex:8
msgid "[item three] description three"
msgstr ""

The first line of the description is split into two entries in the pot
file; but beginning with the second line of the description the lines
are not split into two entries.

How can I tell po4a-gettextize, that it should split every line of the
description into two entries? I would prefer this solution, because
then I have not the LaTeX syntax (the square brackets []) in the pot
files.

Thanks for any hint.

Greetings, Carsten