[Po4a-devel] po4a-0.44 fails to build against perl 5.18

Didier Spaier didier.spaier at epsm.fr
Thu Aug 1 22:32:08 UTC 2013

H there,

On a Slackware64-current I can build po4a against perl 5.16 but not against perl 5.18.

Here is output of the build:

Created MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json
Creating new 'Build' script for 'po4a' version '0.44'
Starting ACTION_build
Starting ACTION_code
Starting ACTION_config_data
Finished ACTION_config_data
Finished ACTION_code
Starting ACTION_docs
Starting ACTION_manpages
Finished ACTION_manpages
Starting ACTION_html
Finished ACTION_html
Finished ACTION_docs
Starting ACTION_distmeta
Module::Build was not found in configure_requires! Adding it now
automatically as: configure_requires => { 'Module::Build' => 0.40 }
Created META.yml and META.json
Finished ACTION_distmeta
Starting ACTION_man
Starting ACTION_manpo
'tempfile' can't be called as a method at lib/Locale/Po4a/Po.pm line 575.
Died at Po4aBuilder.pm line 177.

In https://raw.github.com/git/git/master/Documentation/RelNotes/1.8.3.txt
I've found this:
  * Recent versions of File::Temp (used by "git svn") started blowing
    up when its tempfile sub is called as a class method; updated the
    callsite to call it as a plain vanilla function to fix it.
    (merge eafc2dd hb/git-pm-tempfile later to maint).

So I guess po4a *could have* a similar problem but my absolute ignorance
  of perl doesn't allow me to investigate further, let alone propose a patch :(

I also tried to find a clue in:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/perl-5.18.0/pod/perldelta.pod

But to no avail.