[Po4a-devel] New release

D. Barbier bouzim at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 21:46:26 UTC 2013

On 2013/8/16 Didier Spaier wrote:
[...]
> Good news: Build succeeds
>
> Not so good news: Build test fails.
>
> I tried with:
>
> perl Build.PL \
>   prefix=/usr \
>   installdirs=vendor \
>   destdir=$PKG
> ./Build -verbose=1  --debug=1
> ./Build test -verbose=1  --debug=1
> ./Build install \
>   --install_path bindoc=/usr/man/man1 \
>   --install_path libdoc=/usr/man/man3
>
> log of this attempt is attached.
>
> PS I made a tarball of /trunk but named it po4a-0.44, please don't be misled
> by that.
>
> TIA for any clue,

Hello Didier,

Thanks, your report is very helpful.  My development machine is a
Debian box, and at the moment Perl is at version 5.14 only, so there
may be issues with more recent versions of Perl that I am not aware
of.
If I read your log file right, there are several issues here:
  * Your Perl spits out several warnings (not fatal, but annoying).  I
just pushed a commit to fix these warnings.
  * Sgml tests fail because you use opensp instead of James Clark's
sp.  I cannot reproduce your issue when installing opensp.
  * Html tests fail because there is no Html.pm module in your
tarball.  This is strange, Html.pm is indeed not shipped in tarballs
(it is considered as experimental and not fully supported), but
associated test files should also be absent.  Run './Build dist' to
build the tarball, this should solve this issue.
  * TeX tests fail.  I do not see what happens.  Can you please run
  cd t && LC_ALL=C perl ../po4a-gettextize -f latex -m data-24/simple.tex
and send output?

Denis