[Po4a-devel] po4a - asciidoc bugs

Fat-Zer fatzer2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 23:29:59 UTC 2015

> Hi po4a devs,
>
> I would like to report some bugs I found using po4a with this asciidoc
> file:
>
> http://git.subsurface-divelog.org/index.cgi?p=subsurface.git;a=blob_plain;f=Documentation/user-manual.txt;hb=HEAD
>
> You could try the following:
> * Download the file from:
> http://git.subsurface-divelog.org/index.cgi?p=subsurface.git;a=blob_plain;f=Documentation/user-manual.txt;hb=HEAD
> * Run: po4a-normalize -f asciidoc -M UTF-8 user-manual.txt
> * Compare "po4a-normalize.output" and "user-manual.txt" which differs in a
> number of places.
>
> Especially:
> * Missing comments

This one can be considered as a feature but not a bug: so we can po4a
provide a yet another option to translate/keep comments...

> * Missing list item indexes (numbers and letters)

It seems you lists are a bit malformed.
AFAIK the right formate should be something like this:

1. My item
2. My long long
    item
// ^ Note 1 or more spaces
    - sub item
    - sub item 2
// ^ Not sure how many spaces there really should be.

* Remove some dashes

You mean dashes for bulleted lists? The same as above. I can't see that
there are any other are missing...

 * Remove some extra spaces

I can't explain that... That one could really be a bug...  a small one...

To be noted, I'm not an active po4a dev nor an asciidoc guru... So
everything above is just a my humble opinion...