[Po4a-devel] po4a & Markdown

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Tue Jan 27 12:39:44 UTC 2015

Hi Sergey (cc the po4a development mailinglist),

Quoting Sergey Korobitsin (2015-01-27 12:42:19)
> what is the way to translate Markdown-formatted text with po4a?
> Explicit type 'markdown' is not supported,
> and the only mention of Markdown I found is in
> /usr/share/perl5/Locale/Po4a/Text.pm,
> my Perl-fu is not enough to dig harder.

Thanks for your interest in po4a.

Here's how to enable the mardown support:

  po4a-gettextize -f text -o markdown ...

Hope that is enough of clue for you.

Also, I hope you don't mind that I shared my response with the public
po4a mailinglist so that others might stumble across our conversation
too.

Regards,

 - Jonas