[Po4a-devel] Finding the code, debian and web repositories

Martin Quinson martin.quinson at loria.fr
Thu May 21 23:10:19 UTC 2015

Hello Helge,

Ccing the po4a mailing list. I hope you don't mind. CCing lists is
usually a rude move but I was thinking that these information could be
of general interest, with nothing personal. I hope I'm right.

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 08:34:28PM +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 11:21:27PM +0000, Debian Bug Tracking System wrote:
> >    * New upstream release.
[...]

> Thanks a lot!

Thanks for your support. I did not do much recently, and I cannot
really promise to do more than commiting the received patches in a
foreseeable future. But with the help of the community, we can still
move forward!

> >    * d/control: update VCS fields now that we moved the package to git.
>
> I'm a bit lost tracking po4a atm. I have two svn repositorys checked
> out - one po4a upstream and po4a web. The first has changed, the
> latter has not changed.
>
> Looking at https://packages.qa.debian.org/p/po4a.html and clicking on
> the "browse" button, i.e.
> https://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/po4a.git, brings up an
> empty page.
>
> Could you tell me where I can check out both po4a upstream and po4a website
> to update the translation of both?

We are in the process of spliting the debian part from the upstream
part, and I had a typo in the VCS link that appear on the QA page, sorry.

Get the web repository:
svn checkout svn+ssh://YOUR_ID@scm.alioth.debian.org/svn/po4a/web

Get the source code:
svn checkout svn+ssh://YOUR_ID@scm.alioth.debian.org/svn/po4a/trunk

Get the debian package:
git clone git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/collab-maint/po4a.git

Browse the debian package (notice the cgit instead of git):
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/po4a.git

I will try to apply soon the following howto so that the code moves to
a git repo on alioth. I will announce on the list when done.
https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git#Convert_a_SVN_Alioth_repository_to_Git

Thanks for your interest,
Mt

--
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
   -- "Epigrams in Programming", by Alan J. Perlis of Yale University.