[Po4a-devel] How to cleanup input file before generating po file and output file after generating doc file?

Jean-Baptiste Holcroft jean-baptiste at holcroft.fr
Fri Feb 17 09:18:57 UTC 2017

Hi,

thank you for this great software, I want to use it to translate a
static website using Pelican[1], but I have issue with "file
metadata"[2] (go to markdown syntax)

On top of each markdown file, I have some lignes starting with "KEYWORD:
example text", bug line returns are moved both in po file and output
doc.

For example, in test.md file, I have:
Title: My title
Lang: en
Slug: my-title

I get in my po file: Title: My title Lang: en Slug: my-title
And when it output test.fr.md, it makes: Title: Mon titre Lang: fr Slug:
my-title

I tried to enderstand how to use the -o breaks, but failed.
In addition:
  * all those medata lignes are mandatory,
  * pelican do not accept to add to line returns between each metadata.

I assume I have to build:
  * a script to add new lines in source content,
  * a script to remove it from output markdown files.

I'm afraid I don't how to this, or is there any other solution?

My source code is in https://github.com/Jibec/Simon you may generate
content by using build-translation.sh (other bash files will be removed,
it took me time to understand po4a.cfg was a great all-in-one
sollution).

thanks for your help,

[1] https://blog.getpelican.com/
[2]