[Po4a-devel] [po4a-Bugs][312737] Texinfo files get somewhat mangled by po4a

po4a-bugs at alioth.debian.org po4a-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Tue Feb 6 16:08:30 UTC 2018

po4a-Bugs item #312737 was changed at 06/02/2018 17:08 by Martin Quinson
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410622&aid=312737&group_id=30267

Category: None
Group: None
Resolution: None

Initial Comment:
I am unsure whether this can be considered an actual bug.

I took a texinfo file from the GNU Bash reference manual and sucessfully converted it using texi2pdf. Then, I ran po4a -k0 over the original (without any localization strings) and tried to convert that file to a pdf file, which utterly fails.

Makeinfo works on the file, though.

But I can't really make out any differences between the original file and the unlocalized po4 output besides line breaks... (You might want to use KDiff3 instead of command line diffing)

Source for missing reference files:
http://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/bash.texi.tar.gz

Date: 06/02/2018 17:08

Message:
The bug was said to be partially fixed 8 years ago, nobody answered to my request for additionnal debugging information.

I'm thus closing the bug without migration (I dunno what to migrate now). Please reoppen in on github if the problem remains.

Thanks for your understanding,
Mt.

Comment By: Martin Quinson (mquinson)
Date: 27/03/2017 18:16

Message:
Could you guys provide a minimal working example for that bug? I'd like to work on its resolution, but as is, I'm a bit clueless about what should be done. The provided example is ways too long to be really useful.

Thanks in advance,
Mt.

Comment By: Denis Barbier (barbier-guest)
Date: 02/10/2010 11:01

Message:
Hello, thanks for your report.
This is indeed a bug, I just fixed lib/Locale/Po4a/Texinfo.pm in SVN.  The pdf looks fine to me now, but info generation is broken because of @ifset commands within @menu, I do not know yet how to fix it.