[Po4a-devel] Releasing po4a this month? New features? Translations?

Martin Quinson martin.quinson at ens-rennes.fr
Mon Feb 26 23:06:06 UTC 2018

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 03:33:23PM +0100, Jean-Baptiste Holcroft wrote:
> Le 23/02/2018 à 17:01, Martin Quinson a écrit :
>
> I figured out the documentation format is
> perldoc, also named pod? Here is the doc:
> http://perldoc.perl.org/perlpod.html
>
> So, here I understand you use the formatting for "*text contains
> non-breaking spaces" here:*
> https://hosted.weblate.org/translate/po4a/po4a-doc/fr/?checksum=778373478fa4bef3
> Does this mean we should not make use of unbreakable spaces or that po4a
> doesn't support it? It may just be historic.

I confess that I have no idea here. We used to have issues with nbsp
with podformat, but it was 10 years that I did not test. Things have
probably evolved since then. Could you guys do some actual testing to
see whether it works now?

> I think this link to the format documentation may be useful to display on
> top of the po4a-doc component.

I just added a link to the CONTRIBUTING, and I think I've added a link
to CONTRIBUTING as you said, because it contains other possibly
interesting information. If I did it wrong, please correct me.

> Still in Weblate, the quick-links used to see string in source code are all
> wrong.
> Example:
> String: https://hosted.weblate.org/translate/po4a/po4a-doc/fr/?checksum=cc3a3b8aeba83df4
> Given link: https://alioth.debian.org/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=po4a/po4a.git;a=blob;f=po4a-build.xml;hb=refs/heads/master#l1

I don't see where alioth is marked in the weblate interface. Do you?

Bye, Mt.

--
I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis.