[Pommed-devel] backlight support for macbook rev 3

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Thu Jul 26 22:00:19 UTC 2007

Steffen Schulz <pepe at cbg.dyndns.org> wrote:

>> Very interesting. Do you know if reading back the current backlight
>> level works ? If not it's not usable for pommed, unfortunately.
>
> Yes this works. I just tested the borders, a value of 0 will switch the
> backlight off and 15 looks pretty much like the maximum.

Great ! Do you have something under /proc/acpi/video/ ?

It looks like this piece of code is actually invoking an ACPI method,
so if I could do it the right way using the /proc interface I'd be
even more happy :)

> vger:/home/pepe# cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/device/light
> (119,75)

/sys/devices/platform/applesmc/light is what pommed uses, here
/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/device is a symlink to
/sys/devices/platform/applesmc.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>