[Pommed-devel] macbook 3

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Sat Jun 16 19:46:17 UTC 2007

"Rob Terhaar" <robbyt at robbyt.net> wrote:

Hi,

> At the moment, nvidia support is unavailable:
> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=92980
> so if i do: find /sys |grep -i nvidia nothing shows up!

OK. Unless there's a piece of code available somewhere to handle the
backlight on the nVidia chip, you'll have to wait for backlight
support in the kernel for the screen backlight to work.

Everything else should be OK, provided applesmc works on this
machine. There's apparently a new ir receiver too, so appleir may need
to be updated for that to work.

In the meantime, could you please send the output of getSystemId (from
libsmbios) ?

With that I'll be able to add the machine to the list, with a dummy
LCD backlight backend for now, so at least you'll be able to use the
other keys until we get proper support for the nVidia chip.

Thanks,

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>