[Pommed-devel] backlight problems with MBP 3.1

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Wed Apr 22 11:23:48 UTC 2009

Steffen Schulz <pepe_ml at gmx.net> wrote:

>> Bad news. Does it work if you don't load any kind of nvidia driver,
>> from the console? (don't load any module, don't start X)
>
> Yes, this still works. Unfortunately I also can not get back to the
> console once X has started..seems the driver is broken..

Hmm. Do you use input-evdev with X.org? If yes, you probably want to
upgrade the package.

Looks like what you're seeing could just be input-evdev performing an
exclusive grab on the event device, preventing pommed from getting the
events when you're using X.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>