[Pommed-devel] pommed + nvidia_bl

Jesus Nuevo Chiquero jnuevo at depeca.uah.es
Thu Oct 1 11:46:32 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm using pommed 1.28 from source in a Macbook pro 5,5 under debian
lenny + kernel from squeeze.

I have not been able to make pommed work with the nvidia_bl module from
the ubuntu mactel PPA, because pommed does not support it. mbp_nvidia_bl
driver does not work for me. Just in case someone is interested, the
following patch for sysfs_backlight.c adds support for nvidia_bl.

44a45
 >   SYSFS_DRIVER_MBP_NVIDIA,
61a63
 >     "/sys/class/backlight/nvidia_backlight/actual_brightness",
74a77
 >     "/sys/class/backlight/nvidia_backlight/brightness",
87a91
 >     "/sys/class/backlight/nvidia_backlight/max_brightness",
398a403,407
 >   ret = sysfs_backlight_probe(SYSFS_DRIVER_MBP_NVIDIA);
 >
 >   if (ret == 0)
 >     return 0;

Kind regards,
J.

* Jesús Nuevo Chiquero
* PhD Candidate - Research Assistant
* Robesafe Research Group
* Departamento de Electrónica | Department of Electronics
* Escuela Politécnica. Universidad de Alcalá
* 28871 Alcalá de Henares, Madrid ESPAÑA (SPAIN)
* email: jnuevo at depeca.uah.es
* phone: (+34) 653217732