[py3porters-devel] [Needs Audit] Debian Infra Depends

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Sat Apr 18 07:59:27 UTC 2015

On Sat 2015-04-18 09:25:25 +0200, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On April 18, 2015 1:40:19 AM EDT, Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg at fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
>>On Sat 2015-04-18 04:38:30 +0200, Bryan Shook wrote:
>>> So a cursory glance through this list and I spotted a package that
>>won't
>>> need creation, python-pysqlite2.  That code became the sqlite3
>>> module.
>>
>> in the same vein, do we want to try to maintain a new
>> python3-psycopg2 when python3-postgresql offers a (possibly more
>> modern) python3 DB-API driver?
>
> Since "we" is me and I've been doing it for over three years already,
> I'll go out on a limb and say yes.  "We" do.

gah, i don't know how i missed that, sorry.  It looks like i even have
it installed on my dev machine.   I thought i'd looked it up and it
wasn't present, but clearly i screwed that up.  I didn't mean to dismiss
your work, Scott, sorry!  :/

>> a) python-foo binary packages that contain py3 code
>
> For modules and extensions this is generally a bug that should be fixed.

so pyflakes doesn't fall into these categories because it's an app,
right?

Thanks for the clarifications,

        --dkg