[py3porters-devel] Pylons and snapshot.debian.org

Matt Singleton matt at xcolour.net
Sat Apr 18 17:59:36 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Looking through the lovely SVG, I noticed that snapshot.debian.org <http://snapshot.debian.org/> metapackage relies on Pylons, which seems really unlikely to get a py3 port given that it's in maintenance mode and all the active development is happening on Pyramid now.

I wonder if the snapshot maintainers already have any plans underway to migrate to a maintained web framework? I've worked with Pylons before, but I've never done a Pyramid migration. My understanding is that it amounts more or less to a rewrite.

Matt