[py3porters-devel] [Piuparts-devel] [Needs Port] piuparts.debian.org

Morten Linderud Morten at linderud.pw
Sun Apr 19 18:36:16 UTC 2015

On 04/19/2015 08:30 PM, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 08:26:37PM +0200, Morten Linderud wrote:
>> On 04/19/2015 08:25 PM, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
>>> Debian doesn't use GitHub, so I think we'll be taken a bit more seriously if we push to a repo on alioth.
>>
>> But what about libs that isn't Debian only?
>
> I'll admit I'd not read the entirety of this thread, but if it's the
> case where it's a patchset for a dep that's on github, it might not be a
> bad idea to throw it there after forking it into the org.
>
> If we do do this, and I'd need to read back and understand what's going
> on (but I know you know me, Morten, so if you're suggesting it, i'm sure
> you thought about it), we should ensure there's no SPOF
>
> Cheers,
>   Paul

This case is actually debian specefic, which is fine.
I'm thinking in more general terms. There are probably
more people (like me) that isn't part of this to do debian
stuff, but to port libs that isn't stricly debian, to help
the python community forward.

For this i think a github org would be great. Debian specefic
stuff probably belong on alioth.