[py3porters-devel] Python 2, Python 3, Stretch & Buster

Paul Tagliamonte paultag at debian.org
Thu Apr 23 20:17:07 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 02:40:32PM -0400, Zhi An Ng wrote:
> Hi,
> I haven't been following this thread too closely, and I'm not familiar with
> debian packaging related stuff. But I can help write code :)
>
> From what I see, we need people to help port python-git?

Ah! Check out Mattia Rizzolo's mail on this thread, he seems to have
done a bunch of work on this already, but hacking on python-dulwich
would be *amazing*.

> From a search on debian packages, this is the package we're talking about:
> https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/python-git
> The homepage no longer exist (https://gitorious.org/projects/git-python/), and
> I think it got rename as GitPython, which exists here (https://pypi.python.org/
> pypi/GitPython/1.0.0)
>
> I'm not sure how we should proceed, either we can port python-git, or package
> gitpython up (a search for it on packages.debian.org turned up empty) and
> change the dependency.
>
> Best,
> Zhi An

Cheers,
  Paul

--
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paultag at debian.org>  |   Proud Debian Developer
: :'  : 4096R / 8F04 9AD8 2C92 066C 7352  D28A 7B58 5B30 807C 2A87