[py3porters-devel] [Piuparts-devel] [Needs Port] piuparts.debian.org

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Apr 27 15:21:02 UTC 2015

Hi Bernhard,

sorry for the delay in getting back on this, this jessie release demanded some
time too ;-)

On Sonntag, 19. April 2015, Bernhard Janetzki wrote:
> > Actually the really important thing is to create isolated patches I can
> > cherry-pick.
> Thank you, i started with a small change to make the import stmts. py3
> compatible
>
> Remote: git at github.com:ierror/piuparts.git
> Branch: bernhard/py3_imports
> Commit: 9b1d149b8789d6201e66c1d9ab30448753a97296
> https://github.com/ierror/piuparts/commit/9b1d149b8789d6201e66c1d9ab304487
> 53a97296
>
> One some files i removed unused ConfigParser / commands imports.

nice, cherry-picked into the develop branch, thanks.

BTW, you dont have to give me this verbose info, just the output of "git log
--oneline" is enough.

On Sonntag, 19. April 2015, Bernhard Janetzki wrote:
> Here are three more patches. I ran the test suite against and tested a deb
> file with piuparts.py
>
> # bernhard/py3_print - made print calls py3 ready
> Commits: 14f361b096b8b942b94acafa3df5a42d8ccd7172
>
> # bernhard/py3_urllib - made urllib import statements py3 ready
> Commits: d34eccc6237ff3d6bb212cc172bf6d5c823144fa

thanks, both cherry-picked.

> # bernhard/tox - use to for the unit testes - ATM only for py27, i’ll add
> py34 target if all test pass under it Remote:
> git at github.com:ierror/piuparts.git
> Branch: bernhard/tox
> Commits: 77cbd7a0a7e8a62e5b30826ef7c02ceeb9587ced

two questions:
- are all those additions to .gitignore really needed for this commit?
- why did you disable the nosetests in the Makefile, ah, because they are run
by tox.

> 	 e00b3a88dfd20679c511b830a949735f79b5bc87

and here the tox tests are disabled for python34, so I think I'll wait merging
these until all test also pass under 34? Wait, debian/control says nothing
about python34 anyway, so taking these should be harmless for the Debian
package, no?

> In the end i was able to merge all my four patches from today without
> conflicts an was also to pass all tests.

cool!

I haven't yet deployed these on piuparts.d.o, I'm first waiting for the
piuparts tests from https://jenkins.debian.net/view/qa.debian.org/ to pass...

cheers,
	Holger