[py3porters-devel] [needs-port] dput (was: [Needs Port] dput-ng)

Ben Finney ben+debian at benfinney.id.au
Sun May 10 00:26:29 UTC 2015

Paul Tagliamonte <paultag at debian.org>
writes:

> Yep! Let's just move dput(1), dcut(1) and dirt(1) fully over to Python
> 3 -- just make sure all the backends work :)

I am working on this (and have noted so in the table at the wiki) for
the existing ‘dput’ package's code base.

There isn't a unit test suite for this code base, so I'm moving
cautiously, beginning with a style clean-up to make errors easier to
see.

> (I usually try a few different dputs to different hosts; that should
> really be a test :) )

Can you please test my changes so far, which should be non-functional
<URL:https://bull.codes/git/bignose/debian/dput/changelog?branch=master>
to get the code PEP 8 clean as a basis for moving forward with the
migration.

--
 \       “One of the most important things you learn from the internet |
  `\   is that there is no ‘them’ out there. It's just an awful lot of |