[Quantian-announce] Quantian 0.5.9.2 cdrom size, boot image and new download host

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd@debian.org
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 21:49:02 -0500

Some quick Quantian news:

 o Marco Caliary has provided a cdrom size version of Quantian release
   0.5.9.2 that is now available at the download sites at U Washington and
   its mirrors. The Quantian webpages have detailed packages lists for the
   this version and the normal 1.2gb release which allows detailed analysis
   of what has been removed.

 o Marco also provided a 5mb boot image suitable for creating bootable cdroms
   that can be used to switch during the boot process to the larger 1.2gb
   iso on the hardisk as detailed in the 'winboot HOWTO'.

 o Over the next few weeks the main download site at U of Washington will be
   phased out. In preparation, a new location has been provided at Debian's
   Alioth host at

   	  http://quantian.alioth.debian.org

   and it should be note that the European SunSITE mirrors at Madrid and
   Aachen are as always in good shape, though. Lastly, preparations are
   under way for a new primary site in North America -- stay tuned.

So thanks to Marco for the nice contributions, and to Tony Rossini at UW for
the ongoing hosting support -- all this is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,  Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx