[Quantian-announce] [pre-ANN] Quantian 0.4.9.5 available

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd@debian.org
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:08:51 -0600

[ Resending, this had bounced last week when list server was down. ]

----- Forwarded message from Mail Delivery Subsystem <mailer-daemon@comcast.net> -----

Arrival-Date: 11 Mar 2004 13:39:43 +0000
From: Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org>
To: quantian-announce@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: [pre-ANN] Quantian 0.4.9.5 available

Just a real quick note to say that the overnight upload of 0.4.9.5 has
finished, the new isos are at the usual spots in Washington and Wisconsin.

I'll post a full announcement tonight -- the brief list is on my blog and
contains this:

It is a bug fix release with relatively few changes compared to 0.4.9.4, but
has
  - updated R packages based on the first pre-release of the upcoming 1.9.0
    version, updated CRAN packages and a few new CRAN packages: multcomp,
    mvtnorn, relimp, and the uebercool rgl
  - updated Octave packages based on released 2.1.56, and a matching
    octave-forge release
  - improved support for Scientific Python, though scipy.test() still
    moans, we hope to sort that out shortly
  - the ftnchek package for Fortran'ers

With Cebit coming next week, I'd suspect that the next Quantian release will
be based on the Knoppix 3.4 that is to be released there -- but it may take
a while until all clusterKnoppix and Quantian flow through.

As always, more info at http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian/
(but I may take until tonight (CST) to get updated).

Regards, Dirk

--
Better to have an approximate answer to the right question than a precise
answer to the wrong question.  --  John Tukey as quoted by John Chambers

----- End forwarded message -----

--
The relationship between the computed price and reality is as yet unknown.
                                             -- From the pac(8) manual page