[Quantian-announce] [pre-ANN] Quantian 0.4.9.6 available

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd@debian.org
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 06:57:51 -0600

Folks,

Quantian 0.4.9.6 is now available on the U of Washington site at
http://www.analytics.washington.edu/downloads/quantian/ The U of Wisconsin
machine is currently out of commission but expected to be back in a few
days.

Changes in 0.4.9.6 are

-- Added parallel computing toolkits Lam (lam4, lam4-dev, lam-runtime) and
   Mpich (mpich, libmpich1.0, mpich-common)

-- Added LaTeX support packages prosper, pdfscreen, and preview-latex

-- Added the lua language (lua50, liblua50, liblua50-dev, liblualib50)

-- Updated R and CRAN packages to the newest pre-1.9.0 snapshots

-- To make room, purge kdevelop, kdevelop-data and qt3-designer

-- Fixed /etc/ld.so.conf which has /lib, /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib entries
   which majorly confuses Atlas library loading --- now SciPy passes all
   regression tests which is nice.

Unless we find show stoppers, this could well be the final 0.4.9.* release
which we'd then release as 0.5 as well.  Things should get vert exciting
with the new Knoppix 3.4 in a few weeks

I'll make a proper (longer) announcement this evening.

Dirk

--
The relationship between the computed price and reality is as yet unknown.
                                             -- From the pac(8) manual page