[Reportbug-maint] VCS metadata noise

Sandro Tosi matrixhasu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 13:55:48 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 15:44, Ben Finney <ben+debian at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> "Sandro Tosi" <matrixhasu at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 11:28, Ben Finney wrote:
>> > Largely cruft, caused by metadata being stored in the Subversion
>> > repository. As you know, I'm discussing the issue with the Bazaar
>> > developers.
>>
>> with no results, so?
>
> The discussion is ongoing. There have been results in that the problem
> is better defined. If you're interested in the details, I invite you
> to join the Bazaar mailing lists; otherwise I will report back when
> there's something new to report.

I have no interest in bazaar, just in keep reportbug in a good shape,
and since it seems you care about VCS log, then keep them as simple as
possible. All

>> > So, for this particular bad bug, I went with the tool that let me
>> > fix the bug, rather than fighting the VCS tool. My apologies to
>> > everyone for the resulting noise, but fixing the bug quickly and
>> > without distraction by poor tools seemed worth the tradeoff.
>>
>> So, why don't you explain to this stupid vintage guy of me how a
>> tool to track code versioning can actually FIX the code?
>
> I really don't know what you're attacking here; it doesn't seem to be
> any point I've made.
>
> Perhaps when tempers are more even we'll discuss this again. Meantime,
> I'll let my explanation stand.

I want you to explain how Bazaar helped you to fix that bug, in a way
SVN cannot! otherwise I can affirm the contrary and pretend it's the
right thing. There is no explanation, just you saying it helped, but
how?