[Reportbug-maint] Processed: grr, stupid reportbug

Evgeni Golov sargentd at die-welt.net
Tue Apr 14 10:49:46 UTC 2009

Hi Sandro,

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:19:05 +0200 Sandro Tosi wrote:

> Could you please explain why reportbug is stupid? Wasn't there some
> usage error, instead?
>
> A bug report (hopefullywith a patch) about how to improve it is very welcome.

Well, it said that communication with SMTP timed out and saved the
report to a temp-file (like it should). Seeing this, I resubmitted the
report with my regular MUA, but minutes later an ACK for the
reportbug-mail came in, producing two identical bugs which I had to
merge then.

I'm very unsure that I will be able to reproduce this behaviour any
time again, but if so, I'll open a bug then.

Regards
Evgeni

--
Bruce Schneier Fact Number 47:
Bruce Schneier doesn't have a chin under his beard -- just more