[Reportbug-maint] Removal of localized manpages & co ?

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Mon Aug 17 10:23:46 UTC 2009

Hi All,
it's been a while I think about it, but never come to a decision. Now
that policy 3.8.3 is out, it's time to decide what to do.

I'm considering to remove all localized documentation, manpages & co.
The main reason is that they are not actively maintained, I don't know
how heavily outdated, and also if we really want to provide l10n
contents, then we have to involve l10n teams and support us in
translating in the languages supported by Debian, and not only french
and japanese.

So, if anyone will not disagree in 1 week (or so), I'll go and remove
those contents. Ah, disagreement must come along with a proposal to
improve the situation :)

Cheers,