[Reportbug-maint] common lib for reportbug and reportbug-ng

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Fri Jan 30 23:47:28 UTC 2009

Hello Bastian,

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 15:42, Bastian Venthur <venthur at debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a few months ago we planned to unify the underlyings of reportbug and
> reportbug-ng.

Thanks for follow this up

> If I remember correctly we all agreed that this would be a
> good thing but then nothing happened :)

Indeed, sadly I was out of time so I couldn't play with it that much,
in particular because the reportbug bugs pagination output heavily
relay on the current output of html scraper (and that code is a pain
to debug/rewrite).

> What do you think, should we just start planning what we need to get
> things moving?

Well, I see a sort of standardization over using python-btsutils, even
due to its possible inclusion in python-debian, so it might be the
right move for you to start merging (if needed) python-debianbts into
python-btsutils, contacting that package's author (you can keep us in
CC, just FYI).

Thanks,