[Reportbug-maint] repotbug not loading ui

Dave Witbrodt dawitbro at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 1 10:07:51 UTC 2009

Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> I have used reportbug successfully a few times with the urwid interface
> without any problems. However, recently I can't get reportbug to load
> urwid or even gtk2 ui settings.
>
> Tried to look at the bug reports posted on debian but no luck. Even
> tried reconfiguring and using debug mode but can't figure it out.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> This is reportbug 4.1 with debian squeeze all packages up to date as of
> this email.

I have also never been able to try out the new gtk2 interface.  When I
try to get the GUI interface from a menu, nothing happens -- not even an
error message in a log file.  When I try from an X terminal, I get the
text interface instead of the GUI interface.

I believe this is a known bug:

I'm waiting for this bug to be closed, and the next release of
'reportbug' after than, before pursuing this problem further.  I'm so
used to using the text interface, anyway, that merely consider the
situation annoying.

Dave W.