[Reportbug-maint] Processed: #653738 is reproducible in jessie

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Sun Jan 17 20:18:16 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 8:08 PM, Vilius Panevėžys <vp at mikrovisata.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jan 2016 16:00:07 +0000
> Sandro Tosi <morph at debian.org> wrote:
>
>> could you explain what is your purpose with these bugs changes?
>
> Just trying to assist with bug triaging.

just give the maintainers an heads up if you plan to do more, as it
might be not needed

>> the bug was first found in 6.3.1, it's not fixed, so it's clearly in
>> jessie as well.
>
> From my experience with other projects the fact that a bug against a
> previous version is still open does not automatically mean it still
> affects more recent or the latest released versions. Reporters are
> often explicitly asked to retest against latest version.

but not in this case right? so being marked as found in version prior
to the one in jessie was already more than enough to be sure that it
was not fixed in jessie (as it is not fixed at all)

> I reproduced the issue while filing a bug on a jessie system where
> reportbug had not been configured yet, so it seemed like a useful thing
> to note the bug is still relevant, i.e. had not been fixed in the
> versions since the one in the original report.

the bug is open, so it is *not* fixed at all, from the version it was
reported onwards.

> If that's not considered useful, feel free to direct me to RTFM so that
> I can do something more useful next time.

you might want to have a look at how the Debian bts works first,
bugs.debian.org (and the related section on wiki.debian.org) should be
a good start

--
Sandro "morph" Tosi
G+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+SandroTosi