[sane-standard] preliminary protocol doc

Johannes Berg johannes@sipsolutions.net
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:22:11 +0200

Am Di, den 19.10.2004 schrieb Henning Meier-Geinitz um 18:00:

> Now you know why I hate callbacks :-)

I don't think there's a need for callbacks to be this complicated in the
network protocol. I'm still thinking about an alternative, but got it
pretty much fleshed out. Don't hold your breath though, I'm sorta busy
with university.
But OTOH, avoiding callbacks under all circumstances shouldn't be one of
the standard's concerns, well-defined callbacks are well possible even
over the network.

> Check it again. In saned, it sends opt which is a struct that contains
> opt.num_options and opt.desc. The latter is an array of pointers to
> the option descriptors.

I think I may have been looking at the wrong code; will check again.

johannes