[sane-standard] More device properties

Étienne Bersac bersace03 at laposte.net
Wed Jan 17 02:41:53 CET 2007

Hi,

Thanks for you comments. There are very useful.

>   - alignment of original to scan origin or not (centered feeds)

That's an important point. SANE should provide a "adf padding" option or
similar.

>   - limiting scan area to page size

This can be done via {tl,br}-{x,y}. Isn't it ?

>   - rotation of original

Imo, this is post processing, device/sane/backend should not care this.

>   - "ADF preview" (feed first page, do a preview scan, leave it on the
>     scan area so the user can fiddle with whatever other options before
>     starting a scan of a 100 page document.  You may even want to allow
>     for repeating the preview with the same page.)

That makes sense.

So, I propose the following options add:

      * simplex/duplex document
              * name: "adf-duplex"
              * title: "Duplex/simplex"
              * desc: "Wether the document in the ADF is duplex or
                simplex."
              * type: string enum
              * values: none/long-edge/short-edge
      * ADF introduced side
              * name: "adf-side"
              * title: "From which side of the scan area the document
                come from"
              * desc: ""
              * type: enum
              * values: right/left/top/bottom
      * ADF document centered
              * name: "adf-centered"
              * title: "Document centered in ADF"
              * desc: "Expose wether document are centered in ADF."
              * type: Bool
      * ADF padding
              * name: "adf-padding"
              * title: "ADF padding"
              * desc: "Expose the padding of the document in the ADF,
                relative to scan area origin of the adf-side. If
                adf-centered is set to true, then the padding refer to
                the center of the document."
              * type: Fixed
              * unit: mm
              * readonly

I guess adding those options worth adding a "adf" options group :)

Thanks,
Étienne.
--
Verso l'Alto !