[sane-standard] More device properties

Étienne Bersac bersace03 at laposte.net
Thu Jan 18 17:49:23 CET 2007

Hi,

I tested duplex scan with hpaio backend with a HP OfficeJet 7140xi
all-in-one networked printer. It use the same source (ADF) but pass the
same paper twice over ther read-head, one for each side. This device is
quite tricky :). So, the "duplex" option makes sense.

However, if some fujitsu device has two adf, then add two sources : "adf
front" and "adf back" or "adf" and "adf back"; but please provide a
duplex option.

Can you point me a photo of the device ? It is possible to do duplex
scan whatever which adf is used ?

If there is two heads and one ADF, then i guess you should just expose
"ADF" and provide "duplex" option. Some users are clueless of how the
device works. Also, why using back read-head instead of front one ? That
may be just confusing for most users, and useless for the other.

Regards,
Étienne.
--
Verso l'Alto !