[Secure-testing-team] what else needs a DTSA right now?

Andres Salomon dilinger at debian.org
Tue Aug 30 17:00:08 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 18:10 +0200, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:

> > > I want to have a deeper look at this. Horms has some stuff pending
> > > he hasn't had the time to backport yet and some CVE assignments are
> > > pending, but preparing updated recent 2.6.8 and 2.4.27 packages
> > > for etch seems like a good idea (as they are security/major fix only
> > > anyway), until linux-2.6 has made it into testing.
> >
> > The big problem with this is that it cannot be autobuilt since etch
> > still has all the different kernel source packages.
>
> Yes, but plenty of porters in debian-kernel were building the kernels
> Horms prepared for Sarge, so they might be willing to do the same for
> Etch as well.

Heh, getting porters to compile kernels is actually quite a long and
drawn out process.  Horms announced 2.6.8 kernel-source packages on Aug
17th; it's now Aug 30, and we still don't have builds for all
architectures (still waiting on mips; we finally got m68k images just
yesterday).  You may get better results helping us get linux-2.6 images
into testing.  :)