[Secure-testing-team] Re: [Secure-testing-commits] r3023 - data/CVE

Moritz Muehlenhoff jmm at inutil.org
Tue Dec 13 13:45:24 UTC 2005

Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Moritz Muehlenhoff:
>
> > +CVE-2005-XXXX [Another fib_lookup DoS]
> > +	- linux-2.6 <unfixed>
> > +CVE-2005-XXXX [DoS in i82365 driver]
> > +	- linux-2.6 <unfixed>
>
> Would it be possible to add a cross-reference in such cases,
> preferably to MARC, or a bug number?  Otherwise, it's hard to figure
> out which issue it is.

The kernel is a bit special, because issues are frequent, upstream
information policy is vague and fixes need to be applied to a
plethora of Woody, Sarge and sid kernels. Thus, most kernel tracking
is now done in the Subversion repo of the kernel team (in the
patchtracking/ directory). I'm gatewaying the relevant bits to the
secure-testing tracker, but anyone with a special interest should
better subscribe to the kernel-svn-commit mailing list instead.

Cheers,
        Moritz