[Secure-testing-team] Broken testing propagation for some packages?

Steve Langasek vorlon at dodds.net
Tue Jul 5 09:55:03 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 10:36:51AM +0200, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:

> I was having a look at the state of applications in testing using
> the vulnerable XMLRPC code, for which an easily usable exploit has
> been published and which seems like a perfect worm candidate as it
> affects a wide range of popular web apps.

> For testing is affects drupal and wordpress, which both have been
> fixed. But there propagation seems blocked, because britney thinks
> that there is no version in testing, which is wrong as both _are_
> present in current testing:

This output says nothing of the sort.  First, britney doesn't care about
whether there's a previous version of the package in testing when
considering it for updating; second, that line of output does *not* come
from britney.  The britney output is that which is found at
<http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_excuses.html.gz> and at
<http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_output.txt.gz>.  This "only in
unstable" claim is something you'll have to take up with the maintainer of
bjorn.haxx.se.  (I'm guessing it still things sarge==testing...)

... and third, britney hasn't been run in several days due to the impending
ftp-master move.  Sorry, there's not much to be done about that as long as
things are up in the air.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer