[Secure-testing-team] Security update for fuse

Roger Leigh rleigh at whinlatter.ukfsn.org
Sat Jun 4 12:39:52 UTC 2005

Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo <fenio at debian.org> writes:

Hi,

>> > FWIW, the patch is identical to the one posted to linux-kernel by
>> > Miklos Szeredi, the official fuse kernel maintainer, so it seems
>> > safe.
>>
>> Thanks.  Just to double check, which distribution do I put in the
>> changelog, and which upload queue do I use?  aba said to use
>> sarge-security, but elsewhere I read to use testing-security, so I'd
>> just like to be 100% sure.

> I also have prepared fixed packages and I also not sure where to upload
> them. I wrote to security team two days ago about it and I haven't received
> any answer yet.

- From what I've read over the last couple of hours, you want

  fuse (2.2.1-5sarge1) testing-security; urgency=high

in the changelog (I checked the versions with `dpkg
- --compare-versions`), and you upload to /pub/SecurityUploadQueue on
security.debian.org (dupload: --to anonymous-security).

You also need to build with dpkg-buildpackage -sa to ensure the full
source is uploaded (including .orig.tar.gz).  You need to do this in a
sarge chroot ideally, or on a sarge system.

I won't do anything further with this if you're going to take care of
it.

Thanks,
Roger

- --