[Secure-testing-team] Security update for fuse

Micah Anderson micah at debian.org
Sat Jun 4 16:20:13 UTC 2005

This thread brings up something that has not been worked out here in
the testing-security team. We need to define some procedures for
handling this sort of thing that can be made public so developers know
what to do.

Additionally, should testing-security provide security notices (such
as DSA's)? If so, how would this work?

It has been asked on debian-security, and debian-devel[1] what
testing-security has done. Thus far, we have only been tracking known
CAN/DSAs and generating the newraff/~joeyh/testing-security.html page.
This page is useful for release managers, and people concerned about
running testing (and arguably a blueprint/roadmap for hackers, but
thats another thread). But are people expecting more? If so what is
it? Security updates have been going through unstable, or
testing-proposed-updates, supposedly there was some testing-security
infrastructure that was holding up sarge, but we aren't really using
it.

Micah

1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/05/msg01060.html