[Secure-testing-team] Security update for fuse

Joey Hess joeyh at debian.org
Tue Jun 7 00:00:27 UTC 2005

Micah Anderson wrote:
> Additionally, should testing-security provide security notices (such
> as DSA's)? If so, how would this work?

I believe that we should do this, but have been waiting for the release
of sarge for it, since I'm not sure if we can do something to get the
testing-security (and/or testing-proposed-updates) queues to remain
functional after sarge is released, to get packages built against etch.

If those queues do function that way, then we should be able to do full
DTSAs for all architectures using them. If not, we will still be subject
to other issues that block security fixes from testing, or will have to
set up our own queues and autobuilder network (or piggyback on the
experimental autobuild network). Doable, but kinda a pain.

There's also the issue of whether we can get upload access to
security.debian.org, and of who can actually upload packages and sign
and email the DTSA messages (probably only the official DD's on the
team).

Also there's the issue of what mailing list to use, but that is easily
solved of course.

--
see shy jo