[Secure-testing-team] Security update for fuse

Andrew Pollock apollock at debian.org
Wed Jun 8 03:49:01 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 10:39:41PM -0500, Micah Anderson wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Jun 2005, Joey Hess wrote:
>
> > Micah Anderson wrote:
> > > Additionally, should testing-security provide security notices (such
> > > as DSA's)? If so, how would this work?
> >
> > I believe that we should do this, but have been waiting for the release
> > of sarge for it, since I'm not sure if we can do something to get the
> > testing-security (and/or testing-proposed-updates) queues to remain
> > functional after sarge is released, to get packages built against etch.
>
> It seems as if testing-security has been renamed to stable-security,
> so this queue is out. Also, from what I understand britney hasn't been
> reenabled yet for etch, and since the release is so recent, this is
> probably not people's highest priority. Maybe I'm a sarge
> party-pooper, but I would rather not find out a month from now that
> these queues were destroyed because nobody thought they were useful to
> keep around anymore, but from what I've been able to find out -- there
> simply aren't any.

I think the biggest misnomer with testing-security is its name. Think of it
as sarge-security. This is why it was a blocker for the release - we needed
it for after sarge became stable. So what was testing-security just got
promoted to stable-security when we released sarge. Arguably the
wood-security stuff should get recycled into etch-security, but I think that
we provide oldstable security support for a bit, so we either need to go
through the hassle of setting up etch-security now, or wait until resources
are freed up from oldstable-security.

regards

Andrew