[Secure-testing-team] Kernel vulnerabilities in sarge-checks

Stefan Fritsch sfritsch at ph.tum.de
Tue Mar 22 18:07:57 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 16:10, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> The additional work on the part of the kernel maintainers would be
> limited to the adminstrivia of having bugs filed on their packages,
> and as far as I can see this would mostly be restricted to one bug
> per arch as most archs only have one source package for
> kernel-image.

I didn't think of the source packages. This would certainly reduce the
number of filed bugs to a reasonable value.

I also noticed that most kernel-images build-depend either on
kernel-tree-<version> or have a versioned build-dependency on
kernel-source (The most notable exceptions are the 2.2 kernels).
This allows to determine with grep-dctrl which kernel-images need to
be updated. Maybe someone with access to newraff can test my hacked
version of checklist.

Cheers,
Stefan