[Secure-testing-team] Kernel vulnerabilities in sarge-checks

Stefan Fritsch sfritsch at ph.tum.de
Wed Mar 23 14:53:22 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 02:31, Joey Hess wrote:
> I tried it on newraff, the old stable grep-dctrl on there does not
> have support for -a though.

Ok, next try. Now it should work with woody's grep-dctrl. You need to
point $sources to the sarge Sources file(s). This will create entries
like:

kernel-image-2.6.8-sparc built from kernel-source-2.6.8 2.6.8-15
needed, have 2.6.8-11

I have ignored all d-i kernel images. It is also easy to make the
script display the kernel-images where the kernel-source version
can't be determined from the build-deps.

Cheers,
Stefan