[Secure-testing-team] CVE status

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Wed Nov 16 09:45:20 UTC 2005

Here's a message I received from NIST.  I don't know if the issue has
been resolved yet.

From: <nvd at nist.gov>
Subject: National Vulnerability Database (New Vulnerability Outage)
To: Multiple recipients of list <nvdupdate at nist.gov>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 14:03:33 -0500 (EST)

There has been a serious and unexpected failure with the National
Vulnerability Database (NVD) and Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE)
vulnerability processing system. While all newly discovered vulnerabilities
are being processed internally, these vulnerabilities are not being added to
CVE or NVD. Due to the nature of the problem, it may take several days
before the situation can be resolved. At that time, you will see a surge in
vulnerability publication activity as we catch back up.

We apologize profusely for the outage and assure you that this will never
happen again. We take our job of providing a timely and comprehensive
vulnerability service very seriously and we are working hard to constantly
improve the service for you.

Peter Mell

NVD Project Lead

 <mailto:nvd at nist.gov> nvd at nist.gov

 <http://nvd.nist.gov/> http://nvd.nist.gov

To unsubscribe from this mailing list, please send e-mail to
<mailto:listproc at nist.gov> listproc at nist.gov with the words "unsubscribe
nvdupdate" in the body.